The omoplata has a bad reputation for being “tough to finish”.
Yes, while it may be easy to submit beginners with the omoplata; against experienced fighters, you’ll find this just isn’t the case.
This may have even led you to abandon the omoplata, and its cousins the tarikoplata, monoplata, gogoplata, etc, throwing them on the pile with the rest of your “ineffective” techniques.
Even though the omoplata can sometimes feel like more work than it’s worth, the truth is, it is still one the most effective submissions in the game today, with the power to make much larger and stronger opponents beg for mercy.
I know you’re probably shaking your head right now saying, “that’s not possible” but it is…
Well, the secret lies in changing the way you think about the omoplata. That is, to stop looking at them as individual submissions and to start looking at them for what they really are…
… a network of positions with the power to give you absolute control over your opponent and dominate them with as little effort as possible.
But, to make this paradigm shift fast, without the guesswork, you’re going to need a little help…
… and when it comes to omoplatas and other shoulder locks, there’s only one man you can turn to…
… Andris Brunovskis!
You read that correctly, your guide on this journey will not be Keenan!
Instead, you’ll be taken under the wing of Mr Omoplata himself and Assistant Head Instructor at Legion – Andris Brunovskis.
Andris has made a name for himself over his long career for his vicious shoulder manipulations and fierce competitive attitude.
His nickname – The Latvian Sniper, was coined due to his ability to set up devastating shoulder locks to submit his opponent’s faster than they could say “Wow, sick omoplata!”.
After watching this course, you’ll be armed with everything you need to know about…
- Foolproof entries to the omoplata – not only will you learn entries from a wide variety of positions – including the closed guard, collar sleeve, lasso, single leg -x, the berimbolo and more – you’ll also understand the key concepts behind every omoplata entry so you can master them and develop your own entries to this match finishing position.
- The 3 things that are kryptonite to your success with the omoplata, and what you need to do to fix them – Now you can stop wondering if your omoplata will work. Because Andris is going to walk you through his proven breaking mechanics, step-by-step, so you can feel confident you’ll get the tap regardless of how strong OR flexible your opponent’s shoulders are.
- Combining the omoplata with other high percentage submissions – keep your opponents in a state of panic by throwing them into a web of submissions that they simply cannot escape. The more you attack, the further into your web they fall, where tapping out is an inevitability.
- Plus many, many more secrets from the master of omoplatas himself – Andris Brunovskis!
Andris has stood on his share of prestigious podiums, including…
- IBJJF World Champion (2010 purple, 2008 blue)
- IBJJF Pan American Champion (2014 brown)
- IBJJF/JBJJF Asian Open Champion (2017/2015)
- IBJJF Pan Pacific Champion (2017)
- IBJJF San Diego Open Champion (2017)
- IBJJF Las Vegas Open Champion (2017/2016)
- IBJJF American Nationals 2nd Place (2014)
- IBJJF World No-Gi Championship 2nd Place (2010 purple, 2008 blue)
- IBJJF European Open Championship 3rd Place (2019/2017)
But where he really stands out is as an instructor…
Andris doesn’t just teach you technique, he gives you the tools to understand the techniques inside out so you can both master them AND evolve them for your own game.
Now, you have a choice…
… you can either keep leaving the omoplata behind on the table with your other “ineffective techniques”…
… or, you can do something about it by mastering one of jiu jitsu’s greatest weapons for controlling and submitting larger and stronger opponents with as little effort possible under one of the best to do it.
NOTE: The full course has close to 50 videos.
We’ll be dropping them in batches of 10-12 videos per week. Enjoy the first batch below.